Thursday 23 April 2009

Dawn of a new era! Give a warm welcome to THE MOONRUNNERS!

Wooohoooooooooo!
 

It all happened so quickly. 

Without thought. 
We were suddenly combining photography with music. 
     We'd finally found home, genuine friends, and a sense of relief. 
Three guys living each day as though it were our last! 
     Inspired by our VHS collection comprising of gangster movies and documentaries of graffiti/sporting pioneers (Feat. Tracy 168[Graff artist], Tony Hawks[skater], Steve Caballero[skater], George Freeth[surfer], Fred Van Dyke[surfer] to name a few). 
     The Moonrunners mission is to inspire others and liberate lives. 
Dreams do come true. Go get yours. 
Love, Tokio 

Tokio(moonrunner, pianist, producer, DJ, songwriter):



I'm currently a member of a Pop group called 'Mr Hudson' currently signed to both Mercury/Universal and Kanye West G.O.O.D Music Record label.

As well as the Mr Hudson project, I and my co partner J Fresh have teamed up to start working on an eclectic album. 

I have toured with: Kanye West, The Police, Amy winehouse, Groove Armada, Mika, Just Jack, paolo Nutini...

I have also worked with producers for: Oasis, Lilly allen, Spice Girls, Arctic monkeys...

I have gained Press/Radio/ TV: Jools Holland(late night TV show), Dazed and Confused, Vogue, E4, Radio 1, Radio 2, XFM, Radio 1xtra, Capital...

And have had the privilege of performing at: Cardiff Millennium Stadium, London-Birmingham-Glasgow-Manchester-Newcastle-Belfast and dublin-Arenas, Royal Festival Hall-london, Glastonbury, V-Festival, Lovebox, bestival, Canadian tour, European Tour, UK Tour, and many, many more...

Lyracis aka. J Fresh(moonrunner, singer, rapper, songwriter): 



I started of as a rapper that got quickly embraced in to the urban music scene and also was backed by Choice FM, Kiss and Radio 1xtra. At the time of me being unsigned I found my self being play listed by all the major radio stations, which led me to have an incredible buzz in the industry where I started to do live performances.  

After a string of exceptional performances I was invited to perform as support for: Chris Brown, Chingy, Sean Kingston, Ja Rule, Donnell Jones, The Game, Liberty X, Ne-yo, Lemar, Estelle and many more...

Soon enough I was chosen to be on a channel 4 TV hit series called 'the chancers' which was a music documentary in america mentored by Beyonce and her father, Mathew Knowles. I stayed with the Knowles family along with seven other artists for six weeks at his music camp. It was shown live for two months on T4 Channel 4 viewing nearly 4 million viewers a week.
From there I went on to work and develop my self as an artist with Sony BMG and currently at work on our debut album with Tokio.

Moimojo(moonrunner, photographer, stylist): 



Through the inspiration of music, I discovered a new passion for photography.

I began by using a standard 5 mega pixel camera looking for risky locations to create the perfect visual.

With no guide lines I discovered my potential of becoming one of the greatest photographers of my generation.

This gave me the incentive to quit my full time job to work on my art form.

My motto is "if you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always got".


Ya diiiiiiiig!

No comments:

Post a Comment