Monday 21 September 2009

WRITEN BY YEMI, VIA: NO BIZZI - AN OPEN LETTER TO JAY-Z.



Dear Shawn Carter,

First off, congrats on Blueprint 3. Like a lot of people, I heard the leaks online before the album dropped and quite frankly was scared.

I was scared that you were about to drop another Kingdom Come.
Thankfully that wasn’t completely the case, but I’ll be the first to say BP3 isn’t your best album to date (that honour is best reserved for Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint or The Black Album – depending on who you ask) and I say that as a fan (and not a Stan. I think that label is best bestowed upon The Game. That dude is obsessed with you Hova)

Anywhoo, whatever the case maybe BP3 is your 11th No.1 album in a row, an impressive feat that Elvis couldn’t even match let alone any other rapper in your peripheral. Your numbers looked strong too. 476’000 your first week. I guess you were right.

“Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don’t”

Just a random thought though Hov, sorry to side track, but on your next album can you please not accept any beats from Pharrell. Skateboard P has lost his spark man and hasn’t given you a good beat since the Black Album. I mean, I felt what he was trying to do with “Blue Magic” off the American Gangster LP, which to be fair did bang, but truthfully the boy P is looking like he ain’t hungry no more.


“So Ambitious” just doesn’t move me, not musically, sonically or physically. If it’s any consolation I like the gems you drop on the track though. (And I say that as a fan and not a hater. I’ll leave that to Jim Jones and your old running partner Jaz-O. Those two guys really don’t like you. I guess its just dirt off you shoulder anyway huh?)

I’m sorry Hov, I’m waffling now. The point of this little note was just to say well done.

From Marcy to Maybachs. Brooklyn to Beyonce.

Like Marlo Sanfield you’ve changed the game and didn’t have to kill anyone while you did it. Well, figuratively you left a few rappers in A&E. (Shout out to Prodigy on that Summer Jam screen)

CEO of hip hop – I aint arguing.

Flow of flows – who else but you? (although Kanye did spaz out with his verse on “Run This Town” and what Em did on “Renegade” well, like you said “the white boy blossomed after Dre endorsed him, his flow on Renegade, f-cking awesome, Applaud him”

Best of luck with Roc Nation. J Cole is a problem and I think he has the potential to blow up. Please look after him and don’t do him like Diddy did Mase, Shyne, Young Joc, Craig Mack, Mark Curry, G Dep, Black Rob, The Lox and Red Café (he just doesn’t know it yet)

Keep an eye on Ye’ too. Cant put my finger on what exactly is up with your little bro. Maybe Amber Rose is a bad influence on him? Hmmmm. Not sure. If you can, introduce him to some nice girls.
Hasn’t Bee got any cousins?

I wont take anymore of your time
See you next album,

Yemi

PS – Remember what I said about Skateboard P and please have a word with Timbo. I know he’s bored with rap an all but don’t let him go the same way as P. “Off That”. “Reminder” and “Venus Vs Mars” are good but not great. You make sweet music (No Bruno) with Just Blaze and Preemo. Don’t forget that Hov.

One.


THOUGHTS???


TOKIO MYERS

3 comments:

  1. Gay, Yemi doesn't know what he's talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. You have to let your grow with Jay-Z. Just because you don't like what he is spitting today, it doesn't mean it's shit. BP3 is a master piece for the young and old.

    Maybe you were expecting an album of him rapping about slinging ye and fucking Lakers girls. Blud, Jay has passed that level. He somehow has an Elite way of rap.

    I am offended, "So Ambitious" is a motherfucking gem... and this is coming from a long running N.E.R.D/Neptunes fan. Fair enough, P has gone a bit sour of late but his work the N.E.R.D hasn't. The Neptunes present Jay-Z in a different light and Jay knows it.

    lol @ the Red Cafe bit

    ReplyDelete