Friday 27 August 2010

DRAKE’S OPEN LETTER TO AALIYAH.



One of the best tracks from Drake’s debut album Thank Me Later was his track with Young Jeezy, Unforgettable which featured an Aaliyah sample. On the anniversary of her death, Rap Radar reached out to Drake and the result was this letter he penned to Aaliyah..

Dear Dana,

I’ve never lost a parent, a friend, or a lover but I will never forget this day for the rest of my life. I remember getting the news that you had passed and it connected with my heart like a clean shot from Muhammad Ali. I was crushed. Not only was I one of your biggest fans but I was truly in love with you. I loved the way you carried yourself, the way you dressed, the confidence with which you addressed passion and relationships in your music. I said to myself that even if we never met, I wanted a woman in my life just like you. I am pained that we will never get to connect now that music ended up being my career path. But you should know, we all listen to you everyday and we remain inspired and moved by all that you’ve given the world. I hope I make the right life choices so I can end up in heaven where I know you rest your head. I’ll continue to make music in your honor until the day we finally meet. Dinner’s on me!

Love you always and forever,

Drake

As a bonus, I’ve upped one of my favourite Aaliyah tracks for you to download below.




TOKIO MYERS / MOONRUNNERS

No comments:

Post a Comment